To Access the MacLab File Server
- 1. In The Finder Desktop, Place Cursor on the “Go” Pull-Down Menu.
- 2. Slide Mouse Down to “Connect to Server.”
- 3. When the “Connect to Server” Dialog box opens, make sure that the.
- “At: Menus” has the proper IP address of the server. IP address will be posted on the white board in the front of the room.
- 4. Select “Connect.”
- 5. When the “Connect” dialog box opens, enter your name and password you were given. Log in with your last name and first initial with no space between last name and first initial, then use the last three digits of your MSU ID number (CWID) as your password.
- 6. The “Server Volumes” dialog box will open. Select the volume you will be using for your file storage. Enter OK. (Other volume access will be identified by the instructor if required).
- 7. The server icon will appear on the desktop. The student folders are arranged alphabetically.
Scroll down to your individual folder, double click on your user ID name, and make sure you can access all of the sub folders in your main folder. **Note: The server no longer shows up on the desktop, so you have to eject it from an open Finder window.
General Server Rules
- 1. Do not open files and work on them from the file server. Rather, drag the files on to your computer and work on them from there. Working from the server slows down the network.
- 2. No files can be printed from the server. They must be moved from the server to your computer in order for printing to take place.
- 3. When you are finished working, please drag the server icon from the desktop in to the trash. This clears the computer for the next person to log on to the server.