HOMEWORK | WEEK 14 Monday
***NOTE: Save your files three ways***
First – File > Save as and use the .indd extension.
Second – File > Package
Third – File > Export save as a .JPG
Then, open the .JPG in Photoshop and check the image size. Make sure it’s at 72dpi and the color mode is RGB.
#1 InDesign Major PROJECT PAGE
ADD the following list and complete the items below
- Research | Delicious
- Inspiration | Pinterest
- Low Fidelity wire frames
- High Fidelity wire frames
- SECOND 6 pages of your final project designed in InDesign
FINAL PROJECT: InDesign 12 Page Booklet | DEADLINES
- Inspirations (must include a minimum of 20 annual reports or booklets for inspiration – Pinterest board) due | Monday | Week 14.
- First 6 pages of your layout in InDesign | due on Monday | Week 14
- Second6 pages of your layout in InDesign | due on Wednesday | Week 14
- Final critique on Thursday
- Project due on 12.14.15
- 12-page Booklet – The assignment is to create a booklet, to be used as a mailer for the non-profit Charity Water OR any of the non-profits.
The project will incorporate InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
Project must be submitted with following items: Research, Inspiration, Conceptual Sketches (hand-drawn & Photoshop), Preliminary Comps, and Final Designs. You will be graded separately on each phase of your project. You will be submitting your final design as a digital files on your project page, and in your DropBox folder.
Nonprofit name and logo
- Thumbnails of each page layout. (All layout on ONE page)
- Full page layout of each page.
- Your written description on your project page and in your DropBox folder.
- All files in a folder with your name placed on your DropBox.
- The final project (in PDF and InDesign).
Your presentation and write-up should answer the following questions:
Describe the use of the document.
Describe the audience the document will be used for.
Describe the reasons for laying out the document the way you did and how its layout fits the audience it is intended for.
• Discuss the following design principles and how you created them as part of your write-up:
—center of interest
—other means you employed to make the document work and how it improved the your document’s communication and overall look.
Describe any problems you had in producing and formatting the document and how you solved them, or why you could not solve them.
Discuss how you would do this document differently, if you had time to do it over, and why.
Describe what you learned of significance while doing this project.
PLEASE NOTE: The paper must be written in complete paragraphs. A list that gives the information asked for in the requirements for the write-up will not be accepted. Written descriptions must adhere to rules of grammar and punctuation.
NOTE: To review Punctuation and Grammar Rules, you might want to examine the Owl website, sponsored by Purdue University: