When adding a new page or creating a new post, you may want to include graphics, and you can do so through the “Add Media” feature.
- Above the text editor, click on the “Add Media” button.
- It will either open your existing media library or you can click “Upload Files”. You can drag and drop photos here, or you can click “Select Files” to import previously saved graphics.
- Once a new image is uploaded, the photo will join your “Media Library.” This library will house all the images you use on your site comprehensively. If you want to reuse an image, you can simply access it from your library.
- Click the uploaded image and notice a check mark will appear indicating it has been selected.
- In the right sidebar, you can set the alignment (right, left, center), name your photo in the title field and link your image if desired.
- In the right sidebar, click “Insert into post” or “Insert into page.” This will add the image to the content area of either the page or post you’re creating.
If you want to add more than one image, after you click “Add Media” select “Create a Gallery” on the left side of the window.
- Go through your media library and select all the images you would like included in the gallery.
- On the right sidebar, click “Create new gallery.”
- Move up in that sidebar and give your images titles and captions. Captions should be brief to prevent text wrapping.
- Still in that same sidebar, specify how many columns you would like your images displayed in, and in the “Link to” field, always select “Media File” from the dropdown menu.
- At the bottom, click “Insert gallery” to include the group of images within your post or on your page.